Summer 2022 Update
Dear Lowell Families,
I hope this letter finds you and your family well, and that you have had moments of joy together during these summer months!
While you’ve been enjoying summer, we’ve been hard at work preparing for a great school year. Our custodial crew has been working to make Lowell shine from top to bottom - cleaning all the carpets, and scrubbing all the floors. We have contractors repairing brick and concrete all around the building. Lowell teachers have been focused on their families and summer sunshine - but will soon be planning lessons, attending workshops, preparing their classrooms, and telling stories about their summer fun. We can’t wait to hear about yours!
We will be sharing more information during the week of August 15th. This information will include, among other things, instructions about arrival and dismissal procedures, details about your students’ first days of school, and other district-related information. We also hope to have more details about any Covid mitigation practices that will be in place this fall.
In the meantime, here are a few things to note:
- Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year opened on August 3rd. All families should complete the enrollment process for all MMSD students. Follow this link to complete the online enrollment. Please be sure to confirm all of your information.
- The first day of school for 4K and Kindergarten students only is September 1. All other students in Grades 1-5 will start on September 2.
- Kindergarten orientation will be held on August 17th, between 4:00-6:30. More details will be sent to incoming kindergarten families prior to the event.
- School supply lists can be found on our website. If you are not able to get these supplies for your student, do not worry! We will make sure everyone has what they need.
- Please save the date for Back-to-School Night/Open House on September 20th! More details to come!
- Teacher assignments will be sent via email no later than August 22nd. Teachers will be back to work and preparing for the year starting August 24th and will be communicating with you at that time.
- We have several assistant-level positions available at Lowell this fall. We would love to find people from our community. If you are interested in hearing more about the positions, please reach out to me directly at 204-6603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lowell Community Organization (LCO) is planning a couple of events for this fall. More information will be coming, but want you to be aware of the following dates:
- Welcome Back Picnic - Thursday, August 25, 5-7 PM, Worthington Park
- Summer Playdate for 4K-1st Graders - Sunday, August 21, Time and Location TBD
Please don’t hesitate to be in touch with any questions you might have. I tell my own daughters that being both excited and a little nervous about something usually means that something great is about to happen. I think this is true for a new school year - for students, families, and staff! We are so looking forward to partnering with you in the year ahead!